Are you a social sector organisation with no, or limited, in-house HR support looking for people management and employment law advice?
Our market leading, affordable COMPLY service is delivered by social sector HR experts to micro, small and medium sized social sector organisations.
As part of the COMPLY service you can access an HR advice line which provides guidance for authorised leaders and managers within your organisation to enable them to handle:
- responses to general day to day people management queries e.g., family leave requests
- employee cases e.g., absence management
- operational HR requirements e.g., safer recruitment practices
- the planning and activities involved in undertakings with a people management focus e.g., managing change, restructure etc.
As a social enterprise ourselves this service has been designed with our client’s input, to meet their needs, and are not primarily driven by profit or shareholder return.
What is HR compliance?
It can be hard to know exactly what you need to have in place to hire your first employee, and as your organisation grows you can find yourself having to deal with more and more HR and workforce matters and not knowing if your approach is compliant with employment law or good practice.
At Roots HR we provide affordable, accessible and high-quality HR support help you navigate these situations and minimise people management risks. Our approach is to enable individuals to learn through taking this advice and from the experience of implementing it, so managers are better able to manage people and people management is inclusive, fair and lawful and feels “normal” to your workforce.
The benefits of ensuring HR compliance
Working with Roots HR to help ensure people management is inclusive, fair and lawful and feels “normal” to your workforce means that people management risks are minimised in your organisation.
Employees, workers and volunteers are retained so service delivery is stable and recruitment costs are minimised and key talent is retained within the sector. Unnecessary tribunal costs are minimised and avoided, meaning you retain more of your income for service delivery and beneficiaries.
What does an HR COMPLY Consultant do?
Our HR consultants are highly skilled, technically knowledgeable, friendly and professional. They all have previous experience of working in social sector organisations. This enables them to quickly understand the people issues faced by your organisation and to provide you with tailored, pragmatic advice and solutions.
Which organisations can benefit from HR compliance support?
Everyone can benefit from HR compliance support, whether you are a startup, growing or established organisation.
At Roots HR our services are tailored to the values and needs of micro, small to medium social sector employers with no, or limited, in-house HR support and their workforces.
If you’re a social sector organisation looking for HR advice and support including access to our HR advice line then our COMPLY service is ideal for you. There are no hidden fees and there’s the option to buy time in blocks of hours for as and when you need them, or you can sign up to a subscription if you’d prefer.
You can also try before you buy with our 1-hour of Free HR Consultancy voucher!
HR Compliance Packages and Fees
We offer COMPLY in 3 different ways, to suit your organisation’s needs:
COMPLY AS REQUIRED – This popular service offers;
- An agreed number of hours, held on account for whenever you need them.
- Time is purchased in blocks of 4 hours for you to call or email us as and when you need advice or support
- Support for up to 12 months from the date of purchase.
COMPLY CORE – Our entry level annual subscription offers;
- Unlimited* access to our advice line
- Wide range of documentation templates and support
- Annual review and update of up to 4 different template contracts of employment or agreements, or the provision of new templates for you to implement^
- Access to discounts
- Regular HR updates via blogs, newsletters and webinars.
COMPLY PLUS – Our premium annual subscription offers;
- unlimited* access to our advice line
- All other benefits of our COMPLY CORE service PLUS;
- Bespoke HR documentation tailored to specific needs or cases
- Annual review and update of up to 12 HR policies/ documents or an Employee Handbook, or the provision of up to 5 template policies for you to implement^
- Dedicated consultancy hours on a quarterly basis to deliver proactive advice, guidance, coaching or development to your senior leaders or those responsible for HR within your organisation
- Provision of a free Employee Engagement Survey for you to issue to your workforce.
* Subject to our fair usage policy.
^Subject to T&Cs.
HR Compliance Testimonials & Case Studies
Don’t just take it from us, here are a few examples of the feedback we get from clients
“As a fledgling micro-business and social enterprise it is often a struggle to get the correct and relevant information/support exactly when you need it. I am continually grateful for the consistent, expert advice and support I have been lucky enough to receive from Roots HR”
Managing Director, Equanimity Education
“As we grow, we need high quality professional advice and in this regard Roots HR has been exemplary. We have a long term relationship with Roots and over the years they have provided a variety of HR, training & development advice and services. As important is that their values as a social enterprise accord with ours. The team is knowledgeable, helpful and professional and they always deliver!”
Chief Officer, Witton Lodge Community Association
You can also read some of the feedback from our clients on Trustpilot
Frequently Asked Questions
Who would I work with?
The COMPLY service is provided by our team of highly skilled, technically knowledgeable, friendly and professional HR experts who all have extensive social sector experience; meet the team
Do you offer any discounts?
Is there anything you can give me for free?
We have a number of free resources available:
- Free hour of HR advice for social sector organisations
- Free HR Toolkits
- Free HR Factsheets
- HR blog
Contact Us Today!
Alternatively, you can contact us online or fill in the form below