Gateway Family Services CIC have an exciting opportunity for an experienced leader to join their team as Chief Executive, to develop the strategic aims of the organisation and set the overall direction.
Position: Chief Executive
Hours: 37 hours with evening and weekend working as the role requires
Salary: £55,000 – £60,000 (depending upon experience)
Benefits: The provision of workplace wellbeing support and activities, hybrid working, flexible working and a range of family friendly policies and subsidised parking.
Closing Date: Wednesday 18th May 2022
Reporting to Board, the Chief Executive is responsible for managing the relationship between Board and organisation. Serving Board meetings, in liaison with the Chair of the Board, and advising the Board on matters of policy, strategy, legal, financial, staffing and procedural matters, you will be responsible for an established organisation that is in a period of growth, with a current turnover of £1.5 million.
The services cover large parts of the West Midlands with a head office in central Birmingham and satellite bases in Solihull. You will have overall management of legal, financial, HR and marketing along with the associated risks and line Management of the Senior Management Team and control of 45+ staff through a Management Team.
Working closely with the Chair of the Board of Trustees, the Chief Executive will:
- Develop the strategic aims of the organisation and set the overall direction whilst operating within a legislative framework
- Promote and develop the whole organisation in terms of size, turnover and service areas
- Be responsible for income generation and turnover
- Ensure cash flow and expenditure are in line with income
- Represent the organisation, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally – both as key speaker and as delegate
- Influence public services to ensure service improvement and reduce health inequalities – to this end to represent the organisation on strategic planning boards nationally and regionally.
- Long Term Planning & Sustainability
- Partnerships and Policy Development
- Financial Management
- People Management
As Chief Executive, you will be educated to degree level, or post graduate professional qualification, or can demonstrate equivalent qualifications, skills and experience.
You will have experience of:
- Operating at a senior management level within the not-for-profit sector
- Business and strategic planning, with an ability to deliver results
- Working with Boards
- Entrepreneurial leadership within the sector
- Successful delivery of bids
- Line managing senior managers including performance management
- Income generation and maximisation
- Strategic and day to day financial management
- Working within a not-for-profit organisation and associated governance.
About the Organisation
Gateway Family Services CIC is a leading provider of services to the health and social care sector, with the aim to tackle health inequality and through:
- Providing innovative health and wellbeing services
- Providing intensive support to those who need it most
- Training and developing people with a focus on those who have barriers to learning or employment
- Making lasting change by building resilience and raising aspirations
How to apply
For an informal, confidential conversation with the current postholder please contact Roots HR on 01562 840060 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, contact details and availability.
To apply for this role please submit a CV with a covering letter (of no more than 500 words) setting out how you meet the person specification for the role. Please ensure that you have included all relevant contact details and let us know if you require any special provision should you be called for interview.
Please send your CV and covering letter (of no more than 500 words) by email to: email@example.com by 11.59 pm on Wednesday 18th May 2022.
Please download a copy of the Job Description and Person Specification here.
For additional information on Gateway Family Services CIC please click here
No agencies please
Please see Roots HR’s Job Applicant Privacy Notice here
Please see Gateway Family Services’ Job Applicant Privacy Notice here.