The health and safety of the workforce is top priority and every organisation is required to ensure their health and safety is undertaken by a “competent person”. However, it can be difficult to resource the role with support tailored to the mission-driven social sector and an understanding of the typical key risks faced by workers in the sector, such as lone working, violence at work, driving and travelling and use of computers, screens and mobile technology.
We offer a range of health and safety services and support provided by a chartered H&S Consultant, experienced in the social sector and able to work at both the strategic and operational level.
Our services include:
- Advice and support by phone and email
- Coaching for in-house H&S Officers and line managers
- Policy development
- H&S healthchecks
- Risk assessments
- Site visits
- Acting as your organisation’s “competent person”
- Training and development for all those with responsibilities for health and safety including Trustees or Directors, the senior team, managers, staff and volunteers
- Retained consultancy time of a day per week, month or quarter as required.
Please contact us in confidence for more information and to discuss this further.