Are you a line manager who wants to improve your skills and performance? Do you want to learn how to manage, motivate and empower your team? Do you want to enhance your people management abilities? Register your interest to be considered for a free, expert driven line management training.
As part of our social impact, Roots HR are offering social sector organisations and line managers the opportunity to apply for a place on our popular and highly effective 8-week, modular training course – HR for social sector line managers.
What is it?
Delivered by qualified and well-practised HR and social sector experts and geared towards those in a line management role who may be new to line management, or would benefit from a refresher, participants will learn about practical support for managing employees on a day-to-day basis.
Via 8 interactive modules, delivered online, we will cover topics including:
- Effective recruitment and selection
- Managing performance
- Managing remote or hybrid teams
- Dealing with change
- Effectively managing sickness absence
- And much more!
By the end of the programme participants will:
- Build their confidence and abilities in managing others
- Understand the main requirements of employment law when managing employees on a day-to-day basis
- Understand how to manage the risks of engaging and managing a team
- Know the key steps to delivering better performance within their team
- Know how to handle difficult situations within their team
- Build a support network through developing relationships with peers from other social sector organisations.
Who’s it for?
This course is ideally suited for those in a line management role who may be new to line management or would benefit from a refresher, or those with HR responsibilities, within a small or medium sized social sector organisation (under 120 employees).
It’s also a great opportunity for those of you who are just about to start employing people.
In addition to receiving the training, you will be able to network with people in similar roles to you within the sector.
When and where?
An initial 30-minute introductory Teams session will be held on Wednesday 6th September at 12.30 pm to allow consultants delivering the sessions and delegates to meet, answer any queries and clarify learning outcomes and expectations for the programme.
Following this we will be delivering 8 90-minute modules via Teams on the following dates:
- 13th September 2023
- 20th September 2023
- 27th September 2023
- 4th October 2023
- 11th October 2023
- 8th November 2023
- 15th November 2023
- 22nd November 2023
How do I join?
Applications are now closed!
About Roots HR CIC
Roots HR CIC supports social sector organisations to achieve four crucial aspects of people management: to comply with employment law, to perform through great people management, to grow through providing training and developing opportunities and to support employees to adapt and move on, usually after redundancy or restructures.
Terms and conditions
Places are limited to 15 for the programme, as such applications will be considered on a first come first served basis.
Successful applications will be notified by no later than Monday 21st August 2023. We will hold a waiting list whereby waitlisted applicants may be offered an opportunity to attend the training programme should any participants withdraw before the start of the programme.
Successful participants will be asked to adhere to our programme expectations as follows:
- To be able to attend each session (please note sessions will not be recorded)
- To ensure that modules are a safe space where experiences can be shared confidentially
- To keep cameras on during each session – reasonable adjustments can be agreed if required (we ask this to help encourage participation and to help build relationships between participants)
- To participate with discussions, polls etc
Reasonable adjustments will be made to facilitate participation.
During or after the programme, we will ask you to complete a short evaluation of the training, which may be used for marketing and social media purposes. We will protect your organisation’s identity if you request us to.
Roots HR are providing this free training through their trading surpluses; we reserve the right to amend or cancel this training at any time.