|JOB TITLE||Associate Consultants|
|LOCATION||Home-based / Kidderminster with occasional travel to client sites|
|HOURS||Variable and flexible, according to the nature of the work|
|PAY||£25-£50 per hour depending on assignment|
|REPORTING TO||The Roots HR Lead Consultant commissioning each assignment|
At Roots HR, we are evolving our service delivery model to enable us to respond more effectively to the ever-increasing peaks and troughs in our very successful business.
We have a very strong pipeline and various assignments immediately available for Associate Consultants to work with us on a self-employed basis for the following opportunities:
- Scoping, design, management and delivery of HR projects and casework for Roots HR clients and/or
- Drafting, reviewing, updating and replacing employment documentation such as terms and conditions of employment, polices, staff handbooks etc
- Duty HR Consultant shifts for our COMPLY HR Advice line.
Celebrating our 10th year in 2019, we know what our clients expect of us and we will ask you to work to our established processes, with our support. In addition to our offer of competitive fees and reimbursement of expenses for the provision of high quality, clear, practical advice and services tailored to our social sector clients’ needs, we will reward you if you identify and develop opportunities for additional business with new or existing Roots HR clients.
We look for energy, integrity, honesty and the utmost professionalism in the consultants who join our team. You’ll need to be comfortable working both with minimum compliance and better/best practice, picking up our clients’ policies and working with them or when they have none. Because of the commitment we make to social sector employers who use our services, we ask that you can offer:
- A Level 7 qualification in HR or Chartered Membership of the CIPD or a qualification we agree is equivalent
- Up to date employment law knowledge
- A demonstrable track record of delivering successful HR advice and solutions (this may be generalist or specialist)
- Experience of working at senior management level and/or of advising senior managers and leaders
- Experience of working in the not-for-profit sector in some way, for example as an employee, volunteer or Trustee
- Your own IT facilities (unless working in our offices)
- Professional Indemnity insurance to a minimum of £0.5m cover.
If you can offer us this, we’ll welcome you, train and support you in our processes and provide feedback. If you have genuine capacity for additional work both during the Monday – Friday 8.30am-5pm window and outside of it, we would love to hear from you. If you decide to go forward with us, our application process is light touch but thorough.
Please send your cv and a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please download the role description here
Roots HR CIC welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Eligibility to work in the UK is required. Strictly no agencies please.
About Roots HR
Roots HR is the UK’s leading specialist provider of HR and H&S services to social sector employers. We are founded on the belief that social sector organisations of all sizes should have access to affordable, high quality, tailored, practical and legally sound human resources and health and safety advice and services. We recognise the challenges for such organisations in accessing appropriate services and develop our services to meet the needs of the social sector, in terms of culture, risk and scale. We are committed to supporting and improving leaders in the sector with the overall aim of increasing resources available for frontline service provision.
We have a list of over 300 passionate, diverse social sector clients. Household names include The Children’s Society, ActionAid UK, the Royal College for the Blind, the City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra, Suzy Lamplugh Trust, Birmingham Museums Trust and the British Association of Social Workers.
Our social impact
As a social enterprise we operate with an ethical and sustainable approach, with respect for both people and planet and have established services and trading practices to attract and benefit the sector rather than to maximise profit. Roots HR CIC is proud to hold the Social Enterprise Mark since 2010. Our trading surpluses are used to improve the management of people within social sector workforces through the provision of pro bono services such as our free HR advice line and factsheets.